Monday, August 10, 2009

Return of the Tomatoes!

In an earlier post(<-- click to see!), I showed photos of my tomato and pepper plants. That was about 6 weeks ago. Now look at them! They are GIGANTIC! I measured, from the soil level, them to be just over 5 feet tall. I had to bring out ye olde closet rod since it was the only thing long (too long actually) enough to hold up the plants.
My peppers are coming along nicely too. They are about the size of my fist right now. I'm interested to see what color they turn since I bought a seed pack that had green, red, orange, purple, and white peppers in the mix.

Out of the ten or so cosmos seeds I planted, two of them actually sprouted. One finally bloomed and it's a cheery orange color!

Last, but not least, my petunias are going nuts as well and there are purple and white blooms everywhere! I thought my hibiscus would have bloomed by now, but there is a bud ready to pop in about a week.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I thought I had planted peppers in my garden this year, but they are no where to be found. Maybe I forgot? Your plants look great!

Unknown said...

Oh, your garden looks so great! I can smell those bell peppers! So crisp!

paperwhite said...

Your garden looks wonderful!